As a church we are committed to seeing our community transformed by the Love of Jesus, as people Experience the love of Jesus, Receive the love of Jesus, Grow in the love of Jesus & Share the love of Jesus with others.
Our support for Mission fits into the last category … Share. It’s something we should all be doing as a normal part of being Christians scattered throughout our society, our Partnership with our Mission Partners recognises their leadership in this area.
Ormond Anglican has for many years supported the work of 5 Mission Partners, pledging to give 10% of our ‘live income’ (what people give us) in support of their work. This year we have each been encouraged to make a personal connection with one of these agencies. Filling out the relationship by ‘making it personal’. The aim being to encourage our Partners by getting to know them and what they do and to benefit ourselves as we are exposed to the work on the mission field:
- joining up as a member,
- Making a personal commitment to donate,
- Getting involved in some way. (serving on a board, making a visit to the field).
Our Mission Partners are:
- CMS, with link missionaries working in East Asia
- The Leprosy Mission
- Access Ministries – focussing on Chaplaincy at Parkdale Sec.
- Monash University Christian Union
- Nungalinya College in Darwin
Our Mission Projects are:
Mission Projects make up the remainder of our commitment to Christ’s Mission and many worthy causes are supported throughout the year.